The department aims to provide a comprehensive health care to our senior citizens who need this service. It is a holistic service
- Education & research:
- Expected to teach Gerontology to undergraduate medical students.
- Orientation training to nursing student’s started in February 2014
- Collaboration with Medical School, Aberdeen University, Scotland for student electives.
- Research in validating assessment tools.
- Collection of baseline data in various aspects of elderly care in Nepal
We encourage and welcome volunteers to provide their valuable services to Gerontology Day Unit.
Retired senior citizens, school children, musician & other artist are all welcome.